Kiveton Park Library and Neighbourhood Hub is set for an exciting transformation, with work starting this month.
The refurbishments will allow residents to access a more modern and vibrant Library space, which includes a brand new refitted Library and a new, flexible meeting space that can be used for community groups.
The library building refurbishments start from today (August 24) and will take approximately ten weeks to complete. The library and other services will look to reopen in November 2020.
Changes to the services include:
- A refreshed and redecorated library space for the community to enjoy and be proud of, including new shelving and carpets
- A new, flexible meeting room facility
- A new “1:1” office for services to carry out appointments with members of the public
- Brand new Reception facilities relocated within the Library to allow for better use of the space
- New catering kitchen to deliver courses and demonstrations, such as food hygiene courses and demonstrations
- Public toilet facilities (with disabled access)
- The youth club is moving into the Library
Rotherham Council’s Cabinet Member for Cleaner, Greener Communities, Cllr Sarah Allen, said: “Libraries are central to our communities and it seems only right that those using the library should be able to access all the services they need in one place. I am really excited to see the new library and neighbourhood hub once it is complete and I am sure that many residents in Kiveton Park will welcome these improvements.”
The building improvements are part of Rotherham Council’s Libraries Capital Improvement Programme and the investment of £210,187 will transform the Library into a “neighbourhood hub” creating a one-stop-shop environment for members of the community, and other services, to access additional services from within the Library space.
Whilst the Library is closed, you may wish to access Library services at an alternative Library in the Borough. The nearest Library sites to Kiveton Park are:
- Aston Library & Neighbourhood Hub, Worksop Rd, Swallownest, Sheffield S26 4WD
- Dinnington Library & Neighbourhood Hub, Laughton Rd, Dinnington, Sheffield S25 2PS
Please note that Rotherham Libraries are currently offering a temporary order and collect service. A new ‘Order and Collect’ service is now available at eleven of Rotherham’s libraries as the first stage of a phased re-opening of libraries in the borough. The Order and Collect service is available at Riverside House, Maltby, Dinnington, Aston, Wickersley, Swinton, Wath, Brinsworth, Greasbrough, Rawmarsh and Thorpe Hesley Libraries.
If you are interested in a particular author or book you can look at the online Library Catalogue to see if the book/s are on the shelf in the library of your choice, and then fill out the online form to make a request to order the book/s for collection from that site.
Library staff will then agree a date and time for you to come to the library to pick up the books. This will help manage queues safely and efficiently and in line with social distancing.
Images: Google Maps