Applications are still open for volunteers to get involved in the UEFA Women’s Euros in Rotherham in 2022.
The event kicks off in July and Rotherham is hosting four games of the tournament, including a quarter final, at the AESSEAL New York Stadium.
Volunteers enhance the matchday experience of major events, through providing a different perspective and being able to give a different feel to a normal event day.
On matchdays, the town centre will come alive with Fan Zones, showcasing a diverse programme of entertainment, music, bands, DJ’s, things for all the family, face painting and football activities.
Recruitment continues for volunteers carrying out roles within the town centre, fan zones and transport hubs.
Footballing powerhouses France and Italy will lock horns at AESSEAL New York Stadium on 10th July 2022, with Les Blues taking on Belgium here four days later, before Group D is wrapped up with a tie between Iceland and France on July 18.
Saturday 23 July will see Rotherham host a prestigious Quarter-Final.
All volunteers must be available to work for all four games.
- Assist spectators located within fan zones
- Wayfinding, helping visitors to familiarise themselves with their location and navigate their way to the fan zone, refreshments and to the Stadium etc. situated at transport hubs around Rotherham Town Centre
- Assist with the fan parades from the town centre to the stadium
- Assist visitors navigate from the stadium back to transport hubs/car parks for a safe journey home.
- Check you are eligible – Applicants must be 18 years of age by 1st May 2022 to be able to volunteer. Applicants must also have the Right to Work and Volunteer in the United Kingdom. You must be able to travel to your selected venue/s through your own means, as we are not able to provide travel expenses.
- Complete a short application form
- Recruitment closes Monday 25th April 2022
- Recruitment Day – Weekday/Weekend
- All volunteers will receive an Adidas UEFA Women’s EURO 2022 uniform which they can wear with pride throughout the tournament and keep as a memento afterwards.
- Training will be a combination of online and face to face training which will take place shortly before the tournament. We will ensure all volunteers have the necessary information to perform their role through general and specific training.
- Volunteer shifts are expected to be around 8 hours, with food and refreshments provided.
Find out more here.